Due to COVID-19: Our staff is reimagining ways in which parents can volunteer their time in support of Birchwood School of Hawken and our students and teachers during the 2020-21 school year.
During a regular school year, Birchwood School of Hawken parents and grandparents have the opportunity to volunteer to assist with projects and special events like those listed below:
- In the classroom helping teachers with events
- At the International Festival
- On school field trips as bus chaperones
- Assisting children and teachers select books at the Book Fair
- At the Birchwood 5K
- During Open Houses, Poetry Shows, the Sharing Show, and more
Each family would also be required to perform at least five hours of volunteer service with the school each year, however, due to COVID-19 this requirement is being suspended for the 2020-21 school year.